Bottom line up front: Our Floodlight holsters are the only holsters compatible with the Light Bearing Enigma Express.
We know that this can be a bit confusing, because the Enigma OS models can be used with any compatible holster, but the Enigma Express models are designed around the specific holster they come with. For the Light Bearing Enigma Express, that means it’s designed only for the Floodlight2.
Why can't I use a different holster?
The Light Bearing Enigma Express faceplate is designed to fit the Floodlight2 holster. It has a minimalist shape, with no added material beyond what’s necessary for a perfect fit with the Floodlight. Because it doesn’t need to fit other holsters, it no longer has the wide adjustment slots to accommodate different clip spacing. We also eliminated the extra belt attachment holes, which are used to adjust for holster size differences, and aren’t necessary on the Express.
For more information about the differences between the Light Bearing Express and the Light Bearing OS, please read our blog article comparison.
Can't I just drill extra holes?
No. Do not modify, drill, sand, or cut your Enigma faceplate in any way. Modification voids your warranty, weakens the laminate material, and can compromise the structure and safety of your Enigma. This is something we take seriously, because failure of your holster or Enigma could lead to severe injury or death. Just don’t.
Do not drill extra holes in your holster. This could lead to interference with vital clearances and safety margins. This puts you at risk for a negligently discharging your firearm, which could lead to severe injury or death.
What if I happen to find a holster that matches up exactly with the Express hole spacing?
We do not guarantee safety, longevity, or optimum concealment dynamics with any other holsters. Using the wrong holster on your Enigma could lead to materials stress, weakness, or sudden catastrophic failure. This could cause severe injury or death. Additionally, attaching other manufacturer’s holsters to the LB Express voids your warranty and makes your products ineligible for return.
Can I get multiple Floodlight holsters for one LB Express?
Technically, you can switch out your current LB Express holster for another PHLster Floodlight holster that’s compatible with a different light, but we do not recommend frequent switching for multiple reasons:
- We designed the Enigma concept, as a whole, for more or less permanent installation. Any screws which don’t come with threadlocker should have user-applied thread locker for any final installation after the various adjustments have been made. Repeated disassembly substantially increases maintenance requirements. It’s like switching scopes or optics every time you go to the range. It’s better for the hardware, and for your sanity, to get your Enigma really dialed in and optimized once, and then left more or less alone.
- We focused on the convenience of having a quick to don system which remains consistent no matter what you’re wearing, and prioritized that over quick-swapping holster shells. This allows the Enigma to be super low profile and extremely durable. If you’re set on frequent holster switching on your Enigma, make sure to have plenty of spare hardware kits handy and memorize the instructions.
That said, the Light Bearing Express is compatible with either model of the Floodlight2 holster. So for example, if you have a TLR-1 LB Express and you want to switch to an X300, you could buy a new Floodlight2 for the X300 and swap shells on your existing LB Express faceplate.
Likewise, if you already have a Light Bearing Express setup and want to use it with the legacy Floodlight1 for the PL350, you could buy the PL350 shell and swap it onto the Express faceplate.
However, be aware that we don’t recommend frequent holster switching on any Enigma model, as it increases wear and requires more maintenance.
Do you have more questions?
- For more help with your Enigma Express check out the instructions page
- To get started with your Floodlight2, watch the Quick Start Guide
- Having trouble with your leg leash? This should help
- Need to install your new sport belt onto your Express? Check out this video guide
- Trying to change out the wing insert sizes? Watch this video
- If you’re still left with questions try looking through our available resources on the blog, YouTube channel, and the “Educational Resources” drop down menu. We also have a Facebook page (PHLster Concealment Workshop) where you can view helpful guides, and seek more personalized help
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.