Bottom line up front: Our Skeleton holster is the only holster compatible with the Enigma Express.
Why can’t I use a different holster?
Each Enigma was designed with a specific purpose in mind. You’ll notice that each of our current Enigma models have different shapes, and features. This is because they are designed for their very specific applications.
- The Light Bearing Enigma has a different mounting system from the Standard or the Express because it’s designed to balance out the weight of a weapon mounted light or laser. Without the unique mounting system the holster would experience an unacceptable amount of stress that could ultimately lead to it breaking.
- The Standard Enigma and the Enigma Express have the same mounting system, but you’ll notice that the Standard Enigma has six adjustment holes on either side of the faceplate, where the Express does not. These adjustment holes exist to give the user the greatest opportunity for concealment success with a variation in holster design. Variation in holster design is the key component to note here.
- The reason we were able to design the Express with a smaller overall faceplate, and forgo the adjustment holes, while maintaining certain customization features, is because we were able to eliminate the variation in holster design by fine tuning the Express to our Skeleton holster. This is why the Enigma Express cannot be paired with anything other than the Skeleton holster.
Can I get multiple Skeleton holsters for the Express?
Technically, you can switch out your current Skeleton holster for another Skeleton holster that’s compatible with a different handgun, but we do not recommend it for multiple reasons:
- We designed the Enigma concept, as a whole, for more or less permanent installation. Any screws which don’t come with threadlocker should have user-applied thread locker for any final installation after the various adjustments have been made. Repeated disassembly substantially increases maintenance requirements. It’s like switching scopes or optics every time you go to the range. It’s better for the hardware, and for your sanity, to get your Enigma really dialed in and optimized once, and then left more or less alone.
- We focused on the convenience of having a quick to don system which remains consistent no matter what you’re wearing, and prioritized that over quick-swapping holster shells. This allows the Enigma to be super low profile and extremely durable. If you’re set on frequent holster switching on your Enigma, make sure to have plenty of spare hardware kits handy and memorize the instructions.
Do you have more questions?
- For more help with your Enigma Express check out the instructions page
- To get started with your Enigma Express watch this Quick Start Guide
- Having trouble with your leg leash? This should help
- Need to install your new sport belt onto your Express? Check out this video guide
- Trying to change out the wing insert sizes? Watch this video
- If you’re still left with questions try looking through our available resources on the blog, YouTube channel, and the “Educational Resources” drop down menu. We also have a Facebook page (PHLster Concealment Workshop) where you can view helpful guides, and seek more personalized help