PHLster Holsters: Safety and maintenance guidelines
Handling firearms is inherently dangerous. It’s your responsibility to understand how to use these products correctly, and to follow all assembly, inspection, and maintenance instructions. Please feel free to contact us with any questions; we are happy to help.
There are some important safety considerations when using your PHLster Enigma Express, Standard Enigma, or Light Bearing Enigma. Please read this section thoroughly and contact us if you have any questions.
- Do not modify, drill, sand, or cut your Enigma faceplate in any way. Modification voids your warranty, weakens the laminate material, and can compromise the structure and safety of your Enigma.
- Use only the correct holster type for your Enigma. Using the wrong holster puts extreme stress on the materials, and could lead to sudden breakage or failure. Read the Enigma Express or Light Bearing Enigma Express holster compatibility notes, the Standard Enigma OS fit guide or the Light Bearing Enigma OS fit guide, and make sure your holster meets ALL the requirements for your Enigma model. If you have any questions, contact us and we’d be happy to help you determine if your holster is compatible.
- Do not use light bearing holsters with non-light bearing Enigma models.
- Do not use sidecar or hybrid holsters with any kind of Enigma.
- Do not modify your holster shell or Enigma to try to make it fit.
- Take this section seriously. You’re carrying a loaded gun, and your safety is on the line. Do not use the Enigma with holsters that don’t meet ALL the compatibility requirements. Failure to heed the product instructions and follow all safe handling practices could cause serious injury or death.
- Make sure to follow the assembly instructions EXACTLY. Correct assembly is important. Check your work for errors or missed steps. Check the instructions page and the blog for tips and tricks. Contact us if you have additional questions that are not answered on the blog.
- Pay close attention to safe gun handling and safe draw and reholstering practices. We highly recommend working with an instructor or taking a class to learn safe habits.
- Be especially careful when holstering your gun. You MUST be able to holster without sweeping any part of your body with the muzzle.
- Be mindful of clothing when holstering, especially drawstrings. Ensure the mouth of your holster is clear, and watch the gun carefully throughout the entire holstering process to make sure it remains clear. If you are using a light bearing holster with a gap near the trigger, ensure that drawstrings or other clothing cannot work their way into the trigger area while you are wearing the holster, which could cause the firearm to discharge, resulting in serious injury or death.
- Go slowly, and take your time reholstering.
- Regularly inspect your Enigma and holster shell. Make sure all your holster hardware and belt attachment hardware are tight. Apply thread locking compound as directed on the Enigma maintenance page. If you notice any worn or damaged parts, discontinue use and replace those parts immediately. Be alert for signs of materials stress such as cracks, stress lines, or loss of holster retention. Protect your Enigma from high heat, abrasion, folding or creasing. Follow the care and maintenance instructions.
Other PHLster products.
Please read the PHLster product manual for important safety instructions for PHLster belt-mounted holsters and other products.